Hello crafty friends!! The new My Monthly Hero Kit is now available!! I love love LOVE this kit!! If are like me and love to play with patterns and color then this kit was meant for you! In fact I have been having so much fun creating with this kit that if it weren’t for Easter weekend, I’d probably have a zillion cards to share.
- 6” x 8” Clear Stamp Set
- 16 Coordinating Frame Cuts
- 3 Geometric Rotating Stencils
- 3 Ink Cubes (Tangerine, Grape Juice, Raspberry Jam)
- 1 Ink Blending Brush
Kit Value: $83; Kit Cost: $34.99
I have three CAS cards to share using this kit!! As you can see from these cards I really enjoyed creating patterns with the rotating stencils and playing with different color combos!!
To them I first, created the patterned patterns with the rotating stencils and several Hero Arts inks. For all three panels I used four different ink shades and all three of the stencils. I also used the stencil with the triangles, circles, squares etc. twice, with different shades and rotating between use. The ink combos and stencils I used them with are listed below for all three panels.
- Triangle/Circle/Square Stencil – Lemon Drop Reactive Ink
- Triangle/Circle/Square Stencil – Taffy Reactive Ink
- Quarter Circles – Fruit Punch Reactive Ink
- Lines – Apricot Shadow Ink
- Triangle/Circle/Square Stencil – Soft Pool Shadow Ink
- Triangle/Circle/Square Stencil – Antigua Shadow Ink
- Quarter Circles – Key Lime Fizz Reactive Ink
- Lines – Moss Bold Ink
- Triangle/Circle/Square Stencil – Cornflower Shadow Ink
- Triangle/Circle/Square Stencil – Splash Reactive Ink
- Quarter Circles – Blue Hawaii Reactive Ink
- Lines – Deep Ocean Bold Ink
Once I finished ink blending the panels I then trimmed them down. I trimmed the green and pink panels to 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ and I trimmed the blue down to 4 1/4″ x 4″. I then adhered the panels down onto three A2 top-folding white card bases.
Next, I stamped several images from the stamp set in INTENS-ified Black Ink onto white cardstock and then die cut them out with the matching dies. I then stamped and white heat embossed several sentiments onto black cardstock. Next, I trimmed the sentiments down to strips.
I then adhered stacked strips (2 layers) of cardstock to the backside of all the sentiments and images. Lastly, I finished the cards by adhering the sentiments and images to the card fronts.
Hero Arts will be giving away one $50 gift card, drawn from the comments left across the hop. Enter by Sunday, April 11th at 11:59pm pacific, and the winner will be announced on the Hero Arts blog the following week.
I hope you enjoyed my cards!! Thank you so much for stopping by!