Stamp-a-faire Thread Challenge and ColorQ Challenge


Hello!! Yesterday was my daughter’s FIRST birthday, so I was alittle too busy this weekend to participate in PTI’s stamp-a-faire festivities. But I’m trying to get into a couple today cause I simply couldn’t resist!  

 I watercolored the flowers in purple, yellow and orange. I gradation in Aqua and splattered black ink. I then created a thread nest out of Sulky Metallic thread and then glued the flowers on top to hold it in place.  

 Lastly, I stamped the sentiment in black on white card stock and then mounted it to craft foam and glued it down. I’m entering this guy into PTI’s Thread Challenge and ColorQ Challenge #305. Hope you enjoy!

MIM Challenge #222


Hello!! I’m here with another card for Papertrey Ink’s Make It Monday Challenge. This week’s challenge technique is die cut kissing.  

 I have a stamp that’s a rainbow shape with no stripes, I have no idea who made it, I found it at Goodwill. 😁 I cut a sunburst shape with my cricut and kissed my inked stamp with it. I did this twice to create a circle with a hole in the center, like a donut. I made an alternating pattern (blue and chartreuse) with my burst donuts. I then stamped in the centers with a flurry from PTI’s Snowflake Flurries.  

 I cut the panel to be askew then embossed the it with PTI’s Sunshine Impression Plate. I stamped the sentiment from Wplus9 in embossing ink and embossed it in white on black cardstock. I mounted the askew panel on craft foam and glued it to the black cardstock piece which I glued to the card base. Hope you enjoy!!

MIM Challenge #221


Hello I’m back from a long vacation and here with a card for Papertrey Ink’s Make It Monday Challenge. This week’s challenge is  masking.  

 The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink’s Think Big collection. I stamped it and the masked it off. I then stamped some flower stamps from Altenew for the background.  

 Then I colored the flowers with colored chalks. I removed the mask and drew the border around the sentiment and then mounted to a white square card base. I hope you enjoy!!

MIM Challenge #219 and ColorQ #301


Hello! I’m here with another card to share. I made this card for Papertrey Ink’s Make It Monday Challenge and ColorQ Challenge #301

  I loved this color combo and I had to play along.  

 This MIM challenge challenged us to “kiss” our  inked up stamps with another uninked stamp to add a pattern to the surface to the stamp. I actually used an embossing folder instead of using another stamp to kiss my flower stamp with.  

 I even did some generational stamping. After I stamped a flower using the “kiss” technique, I would immediately press the same stamp on the embossing folder (without reinking or cleaning it) in the same stop I had pressed previously. This causes the stamp to pick up some of the ink that I left behind on the folder when I did my original “kiss” image. This created lighter flowers with a more pronounced pattern. Kind of a cool discovery!!! The flowers are from Altenew (painted flowers) and the sentiment is from PTI’s Think Big Favorites #12. I hope you enjoy!!

3 Challenges and a Redo


Hello!! I’ve got another card to share and it has had a journey. 

 So I have been fiddling with this card for days and days. It’s concept originated from many challenges that have come and gone before this card was completed. Oh well. I’m still not over the moon for it but I thought I’d share it and its metamorphosis. 

I used my cricut to cut a rectangle with a sunburst and frame from whit cardstock. The burst is from the Essential Accents cartiridge. I created a gradation with my ink on a rectangle of cardstock then added a layer of sickles glitter over it with a brush. I decided to layer it a bit askew because the gradation turned out so pretty and then things started to get fuzzy. I stamped a “get well sentiment” on a strip of vellum in purple ink but wasn’t in love, so I then did it again with embossing ink and silver embossing powder because the sickles I used had silver glitter. I thought that was better and went with it and added so more silver embossed embellishments and sequins and ended up with this,  

 Okay, but I wasn’t happy so it went to the chopping block. 

 I cut the burst rectangle and frame piece from the card and adhered it to a card that I had splattered with black ink. Ripped off the vellum sentiment and replaced or my with a “thinking of you” sentiment stamped on a strip of black paper and embossed in white. I entering this card into the following challenges. Hope you enjoy!

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #256
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge
Runway Inspired Challenge #88

MIM #218


Hello!! I’ve got another card to share. I made this card for Papertrey Ink’s MIM challenge #218. Lexi demonstrated how to use our die cuts as stencils for watercolors. Here are her beautiful cards.

 I love the rainbow colors! She used large repositional labels as her stencils and they seemed to work beautifully. Unfortunately I didn’t have any but she did mention using watercolor paper and repositional adhesive in her video so I gave that a try.  

 I made my stencil using my cricut then I put repositional adhesive on the back side and stuck it to white cardstock. I then painted over the stencil with my watercolors in a gradation.  

 When dry I removed the stencil and then trimmed down the cardstock and curved on of the sides. I had some bleeding but overall it worked pretty well. I mounted the watercolor piece to craft foam and then glued it to the card base. Lastly I stamped my PTI sentiment near the bottom with versa fine black onyx ink.

 I also made a card using my leftover stencil.  


 I love two for ones!! Hope you enjoy!